My visit to Old Shasta

I went for a much needed drive awhile ago. We had a break in the weather and it was sunny! This town, Old Shasta, and Wiskeytown Lake are about 20 minutes from where I live. I sometimes forget and take for granted the beauty that surrounds Redding. I'm lucky to live here!! I wanted to share this cool old town that has the buildings up from the 1800's. Some of the town is gone from a fire but remments are still up! And the ones that burned down have signs up telling you what was there.



















Have a great week! Hugs, Char

6 comments:

Cherry's Jubilee said...

Shasta is a gorgeous area...always go through there on our way to Disneyland. I just picked up a brochure on Shasta caverns..which I did not know about. We are gonna go there for a quick Summer trip this year. Gorgeous pics Char!

JustYolie said...

GORGEOUS pictures! Years ago I drove through Redding, beautiful town. I was there for a day surely not enough time to see the true beauty of the town.

Jocelyn said...

Such beauty...I so enjoyed these wonderful pics!

I need to plan a visit to your neck of the woods!!!

Have a great week sweet friend! :-)

Des said...

Pretty, WOW !! Great pics!!

Annette said...

Your photos are so beautiful, it brings back memories from a long time ago when we lived in the bay area and would travel up to Oregon. Thanks for sharing them! Hugs, Annette

Charlene Austin said...

Wow, Char....these pis are amazing. It feels like a peaceful place. How lucky for you to live so close.