HOT,HOT,HOT !!!

I'm back from my mini vacation. I went to Sacramento to visit my brother. It was very nice ! We have been having record highs. In the 90's for April that's unheard of !!! I posted a few pictures of the sky in front of my house last night and of my roses. When I left Saturday morning they were buds and when I got back they were all open :-( !!


Here's a card that I experimented with. I made it for my friend Charlene ( I know, I know same name ! ) She's a sweetheart, and someone I met blogging!! I don't make stamped cards a lot but I thought I'd try in honor of her! She does an awesome job, she's very talented!!!! You can see her work at http://willowandpaisley.typepad.com/willow_paisley/

So for this card I took Papertrey cardstock and my copic markers and started coloring the back round with a light blue and the blender pen. Then I stamped the tree and thought it needed dimension, so I went to Michael's and found a tiny flower punch for $1.00 (That's my kind of deal!) Then I added glitter to the flowers! The tree reminds me of a dogwood tree.





And this card I used Papertrey cardstock ( I seem to use it on everything !!) A picture from Crafty Secrets. I love the colors on the picture and the kids playing! I used an embossing folder and my cuttlebug, a Melissa Frances Rub-on, which I think that the saying is perfect for the picture.





My Roses. I need to cut some for the house. These have the best fragrance. Their called "Baby Face".




Thanks for visiting!! I appreciate all your wonderful comments! You guys are the GREATEST!!!
Have a wonderful day!! Char







9 comments:

Deanna said...

Totally cute Char!

Lindsay said...

As always, LOVE your cards! Especially the quote on the little girl's card, and the tree on the hello friend.
FANTASTIC work! :)

Annette said...

Beautiful cards, and I love the use of the little flower punch, I never know what to do with the tiny punches! Your flowers are gorgeous, I can almost smell them they are so beautiful!

Regan said...

omg, just gorgeous!

Lisa T. Howard said...

I always love your cards. You pay such attention to detail. Awesome I tell ya! Hope you have a fantastic weekend. And it is certainly good to have you back!

cindy said...

Beautiful Cards Char! I love the little flowers on the dogwood :)

Tinderhrted said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tinderhrted said...

Your work is AMAZING!! My boxes of photos would become treasures in YOUR hands!!! I love your "stuff! By the way, how do you make your blog look so much cuter and more personalized? I went with a generic template because I thought that was my option but ... yours is GREAT! (Please: Teach me! Teach me!)

Vianna said...

I did a lot of blog hopping before I got to yours this evening, and I'm sure I'll come back. Your work is fresh and inspiring. I would ask one question, if you want to share, regarding the punched flowers for the dogwood card: what else have you done to them? Did you also stamp them or used a fine point marker for the flower interior & veins? Did you punch them out of pre-printed papers? Just curious - I have the same punch.